Tasks / Activities:
- Ability to diagnose and perform maintenance and repair of Production and Warehouse tools, equipment, and systems.
- Performs demonstration of fiber optics equipment, including but not limited to fusion splicers, polishing machines, fiber cleavers, interferometers, OTDRs, power meters, certification meters, etc. Basic operation, maintenance, and instruction/assistance to customers and other staff members in a professional manner.
- Builds Production orders, following the specifications, and assurance that all orders are built per accepted procedures and meets all quality requirements.
- Creates and reviews process documentation.
- Assists and supports other departments as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Maintenance and check-in/out of rental fleet equipment
- Maintenance of Production tools, equipment, and systems
- Installation/updates of Production tools, equipment, and systems
- Build production orders
- Qualified and available to assist Production in direct-labor tasks
Requirements and Qualifications:
- General Fiber Optics technical ability
- General hand, power, and precision tools use
- General electrical/electronics, electromechanical service/ repair competence
- Computer literate
- Strong written/spoken English
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.