Objectives of this Role
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning, and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including receiving, warehousing, inventory control, shipping, and logistics operations.
- Schedule and oversee the warehouse team to meet the demands of the Production Department, manage the flow of picking production orders and the quality of work.
- Manage stock control by conducting physical counts; analyzing variances; reconciling data in SAP; initiating corrective actions.
- Setup the warehouse layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, implementing, and enforce optimal warehouse operational policies and procedures.
- Manage customer service requests promptly and resolves issues quickly.
- Liaise with 3PL and transport companies; Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Responsible for managing up to 10 warehouse staff, including recruiting, training, motivating, disciplining, and performance evaluation.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements. Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the warehouse.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, etc.).
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience.
- Dedicated. Detail-oriented.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls, and other warehouse KPIs
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong people skills.
- Hands-on experience with the SAP Inventory Management module or warehouse module is a must.
- Ability to operate forklift preferred.