Scope of Position:
In this position you will be responsible for the profitable growth of the Fiber Optic Platforms product line. Responsibilities include product line strategy, pricing and marketing. The position is global and has cross-functional responsibility working with Marketing, Sales, R&D and Production.
- With direction from manager, appropriately controlling the product life cycle and develop, recommend and progress new products or product improvements with customers
- Defining product requirements including price, cost targets and product function objectives
- Monitoring net sales and margin, evaluating, recommending and initiating cost reductions, providing discount analyses and pricing strategies
- Collaboration with application engineering, R&D and sales teams to develop new products and/or improve existing products
- Organizing and implementing internal and external training courses
- Attending trade shows, reviewing market publications and interfacing with sales workforce
- Participating in technology and product roadmap developments
- Supporting sales and marketing efforts by assisting in research of market opportunities and competitive analysis
- Working with sales and marketing to develop sales and marketing presentations where additional technical expertise is required on specific solutions, applications, architectures, or assigned markets
- Maintaining product evaluations on competitive product offers
- At minimum bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant experience in the fiber optics industry, of which at least 2 years in a function that has worked with product management. Knowledge of the active network layer is an asset, as well as familiarity with R&M portfolio
- Analytical and problem-solving oriented personality with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad internal and external audience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees from different departments and levels, as well as with external contacts
- Assertive, convincing person with very good presentation, negotiation and organization skills
- Takes independent initiatives and is interested in innovation
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word. Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English and German. Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Required to travel at regular basis
We offer a demanding task in a company managed according to the most modern principles and a challenging environment that gives you the freedom to implement ideas and optimizations.
Are you interested? Jasmin Gut, HR Manager, is looking forward to receiving your written application and will be happy to provide you with further information anytime. (email@example.com). Direct applications will be preferred.