R&M (Reichle & De-Massari) is an independent Swiss family business with 57 years of experience in the information and communications technology market. R&M develops and manufactures connectivity solutions for high-quality communication networks.
The company contributes significantly to operational reliability and safety in voice, data, and video transmission worldwide with its copper and fiber optic systems.
R&M solutions are compelling in their ability to deliver excellent availability and cost-effective network operations. With its high product quality and forward-looking system design, R&M ensures that networks are fit for the future and that investments remain sound in the long term. R&M connectivity solutions are used in offices, data centers, network operators, homes, and industries.
R&M is the market leader in Switzerland and belongs to the top players in Europe, the Middle East, India, and Japan. The company is represented in more than 40 countries on all continents, where it has its very own market organizations.
About the Role
The candidate should ideally be currently based in Dubai, UAE, and must be very well versed with the regional culture, market, and business dynamics.
R&M Middle East, Turkey & Africa located in Dubai, U.A.E is looking for a full-time Marketing & Communications Manager for the Middle East, Turkey & Africa.
As a Marketing & Communications Manager, you will be responsible for defining, implementing, and managing the Marketing & Communications strategy for the brand in the META region, in line with the international guidelines and within the defined budget. The aim is to increase brand visibility, brand awareness, desirability and capture market share.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Middle East, Turkey & Africa, and to the Corporate Communications and Marketing departments in HQ.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing and communications strategic plan and budget by region, by vertical market, and by solutions.
- Identify, develop and manage R&M strategic alliances events and external sponsoring events where R&M should participate.
- Plan and execute clear Marcom campaigns (including newsletters, webinars, events, social media, and PR activities) in partnership with the sales and technical team to generate awareness in META and accountability for ROI of Marcom budget.
- Increase brand awareness by creating and updating collateral, catalogs, brochures, digital marketing media support, ads, and sales tools.
- Assist and support the local Sales Managers in all respective countries (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, and Africa) on B2B.
- Ensure contacts and leads generated and captured properly and work closely with sales and technical teams on follow-up actions and win/lose outcomes for campaign ROI reporting and evaluation to EVP META and HQ.
- Aid in assisting countries to define and implement media strategy in Arabic, English, Turkish and French. Develop media brief based on international guidelines and local needs.
- Optimize media budget and implement effective media campaigns in line with product launches.
- Assure accurate periodic reporting: PR evaluation monitoring, competition analysis, benchmarking, and best practices.
- Implement a digital communication strategy for the region in line with HQ guidelines.
- Conduct market research and support Sales with new product positioning in the region.
- Review and edit promotional material for marketing effectiveness.
- Analyze and identify competitors.
- Create and manage industry-specific content (digital marketing, social media) with the best ROI.
- Focus on strategic targets (awareness, desirability, conversion) as well as ROI.
- Developing and managing PR agencies in the region and ensuring delivery of objectives and KPIs.
Requirements and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Min. 8 to 10 years' experience in Marketing and Communications in the B2B IT Services and technology space.
- A thorough understanding of the Middle East region and its culture, market, and business dynamics
- Strong understanding of current and emerging social marketing platforms
- Understand sales and marketing funnel (contacts, leads, opportunities) and marketing automation tools
- Exposure to product marketing such as new product/solution launch marketing activities
- Familiarity with sales and marketing automation tools: e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce, Microsoft SharePoint, GoToWebinar.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with colleagues from different nationalities
- Open-minded, creative mindset, resilient, empathic, and determined
- Independent, mature, and strong team spirit
- Strong organization, planning, and networking skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Attentive to details, excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- The capability of working with distributors to create a positive and successful relationship
- English fluency spoken and written is essential, French and Arabic languages are a plus
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment
- Culturally aware