- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
- Responsible for obtaining the best supplies or services at the best value
- Aim to achieve cost reductions while maintaining or improving the quality of supplies and services
- Assess suppliers’ quality standards and encourage suppliers to integrate their standards with those of R&M USA Inc.
- Work with quality/engineering managers to set up continuous improvement programs
- Identify the suppliers that are most important to the success of R&M USA Inc. and negotiate long-term contracts that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction targets, delivery timescales, and commercial terms and conditions
- Monitor the performance of suppliers against contractual standards and work with them to achieve continuous improvements in costs and performance
Tasks / Activities:
- Examine the amount of money spend in each category of goods and services and use this analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Measure supplier performance and regularly spend time meeting with the most important suppliers to implement improvements
- Frequently update and add technologies that measurably reduce costs, decrease cycle time, and make the purchasing process more efficient
- Apply project management practices to map out both recurring activities and one-time projects
- Regularly document changes that they foresee in price levels, availability, and markets to ensure a competitive advantage for R&M USA Inc.
- Constantly identify ways to automate, delegate, or eliminate tactical, non-value-added tasks
- A bachelor’s degree in business or economics
- Must have 5+ years previous experience in purchasing
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing to include tactical and strategic purchasing experience
- Purchasing experience in an MRP environment (SAP) is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills